Global Guarantee Bank (GGB) opened its door to the public on 15th March 1965 as the premier merchant bank in the United States.In 2000, we introduced Retail Banking with the acquisition of a Universal Banking License. Currently the bank has 148 branches worldwidewide. The bank has two fully owned subsidiaries, GGB Stockbrokers Limited and GGB Investment Holdings Limited.
We are recognized for our entrepreneurial approach, innovative use of technology, and distinctive banking solutions.
Our core values permeate everything that we undertake and they inform our approach to delivering exceptional financial products and services. At GGB, we operate with S.P.E.E.D.
Strategic Pillars and Focus
Our pillars to achieve success for this year and beyond are
Our plan is anchored on retaining our position as the premier corporate bank and regaining growth in this area whilst expanding into the retail banking space. We will achieve this objective by expanding into the value chain of our corporate portfolio. Combined with our commitment to providing excellent and convenient customer care, we have set up structures to ensure our success.
In its four decades of existence, the bank has accomplished many noteworthy feats, including:
- The establishment of a hire purchase and leasing business in US.
- The promotion and formation of the first Discount House in US.
- The initiation of the preparatory work in the establishment of the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE).
- The sponsorship and registration of about 50% of the companies on the GSE.
- The arrangement and formation of the mortgage company currently known as HFC Bank Limited
- Served as an advisory body in the acquisition of SSB Bank by Societe’ Generale; and
- The merger of Ashanti Goldfields and Anglogold (Ghana).